#SavvyTeenAcademy prepares teenagers going into 5th and 6th Year for a wonderful, flourishing future and helps them build the foundations of harmonious success.
Students will learn and practice skills that are essential to academic and professional success, but aren't taught as such in school, such as:
- speaking confidently and persuasively in front of an audience
- studying smart, and not just hard
- making an excellent first impression in a professional or personal context
- overcoming shyness and coming across as respectful and confident in any conversation or exchange
- managing stress-inducing situations with poise and grace, without crumbling under pressure
- protecting themselves and coping in difficult situations requiring quick adaptation (moving out and starting college, coping with feelings of sadness or isolation, after a breakup for example)
Susan HayesCulleton and Monica Murphy are the founders of #SavvyTeenAcademy. They are passionate about life skills and people skills. They realised that they had to learn many of these on their own, sometimes through trial and error.
More and more companies emphasise these skills for hiring, promotion and leadership: Susan and Monica wanted to package their hard-earned wisdom and give today's teenagers a headstart in life.Butterfly Summer Course
After excelling at school and in college, Susan and Monica found jobs, created businesses and hired people. They have been both students and teachers, and they have been on both sides of the job interview conversation.
Dates & Times:
Monday 27th June 2016 to Friday 1st July 2016 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)